Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Survival & Recovery

I survived Week 1 of Insanity:Asylum Vol 2!! Today was Week 2/Day 1 and I am proud to say I survived... barely! Regardless of the strength, or lack there of, I had during my workout today I am SO happy I got through it! Little by little I'm seeing improvements like: getting through a ladder agility sequence faster, pushing out a couple more pushups or just feeling the strength of my body and its hunger for pain ;)

Strength.
It's a beautiful thing when your body feels STRONG.
What is strong?:
having or marked by great physical power;
not mild or weak;
moving with rapidity or force.

I train hard, and therefore I have strength and I am able to survive these insane workouts. But I also take care of my body during its recovery stage. You know that feeling of soreness you get the day after working out, running, training etc? That feeling that stops you from your fitness goals for a few days because your muscles are too tight, too sore, too exhausted?

Recovery.
What is recovery?:
to get back;
to bring back to normal position or condition;
to save from loss and restore to usefulness.

"Studies show that with proper nutrition during the first hour following exercise you can increase your body's ability to recover more than 100%."

What do you give your body to help it recover? To get technical, you want a carb:protein ratio of approximately 2:1. Believe it or not, your body requires more carbs than protein after a workout to replenish the muscle fuel used up during your workout and to prepare you & your body for your next workout!

Here are some ideas for a post-workout snack:
- Bread, a bagel, or an English muffin with cheese or peanut butter
- Dried fruit & nuts
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Yogurt with fruit
- Chocolate milk
- Smoothie with milk, yogurt or added protein powder
- Protein bar or energy bar
... and my ultimate favorite: P90X Results & Recovery Formula

Check out this awesome video highlighting how "P90X Results and Recovery Formula saved Carl Daikeler mid-ride on Day 2 of a biking trip in the South of France."


Find out more about P90X Results & Recovery Formula here:
www.elitetraining28.com 

In This Together,
Lynds ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment